Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Running FFmpeg in Code Igniter

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
The URL has spaces in it, and the forum doesn't like it. Please try this one: http://goo.gl/kjzc0

[eluser]Sky Warden[/eluser]
Not running. I put an ampersand in the end of the syntax.

I found the problem! After doing some... I'm not really sure what is it, well things, I found the issue to this problem, though I don't really know how to fix it. :lol:

Code:
/usr/bin/ffmpeg: /opt/lampp/lib/libgcc_s.so.1: version `GCC_4.2.0' not found (required by /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6)

array(2) {
[0]=> string(140) "/usr/bin/ffmpeg: /opt/lampp/lib/libz.so.1: no version information available (required by /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/i686/cmov/libavcodec.so.53)"
[1]=> string(129) "/usr/bin/ffmpeg: /opt/lampp/lib/libgcc_s.so.1: version `GCC_4.2.0' not found (required by /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6)" }

From that message, I think missing libraries causes this problem. Help me please. Smile

Note : Yes, I use LAMPP. I was just too lazy to install them one by one.

That should've been installed automatically, if you used the package manager to ffmpeg. I'm a bit baffled about how it worked to begin with, though.

Try reinstalling FFMPEG again using a package manager. It should (hopefully) install all dependencies, too.

Make yourself root.
Code:
sudo -i

Try to remove the installed version of FFMPEG. (This probably won't work if it was installed manually).
Code:
aptitude remove ffmpeg

Update your repository listings.
Code:
aptitude update

Make sure your distro is up-to-date.
Code:
aptitude safe-upgrade

Install FFMPEG, (and any dependencies).
Code:
aptitude install ffmpeg

No it's not the FFmpeg. I installed exactly like that, and my Linux is up to date. By the way, the problem is solved. The file does exist in /opt/lampp/lib but it can't be loaded somehow. I checked the privilege and it was sure executable by any user. Then, after a mindless discussion with someone, I renamed the file from 'libgcc_s.so.1' to 'libgcc_s.so.1.bak' and it worked.

Still have no idea. Maybe different versions load the different file names. Well, at least it works now. Thanks for helping anyway. Smile

Wait a second... I can't mark this thread as solved then?

You've lost me. I would have thought that error would have been caused by renaming that shared object?

Well, at least it's working, so that's something. However, did you check that your Web host supports it, or are you running a virtual server?

I swear I didn't rename anything before. Really. That mindless conversation was just :
"Go check the file name dude."
"Oh yes. It's bla_bla_bla .1 right? Just like the error says."
"'eh? I thought it was bla_bla_bla.bak."
"No kidding?"
"Eeyup. Maybe Satan renamed your file."
"If my memory serves me right, I didn't rename anything."
"I said Satan dude. Well, worth to try."
Then I tried it and it worked. :lol:

Both. I'm running a virtual server as well. Just to make sure. I love wasting my time to duplicate my server. :3

I will go for some research tomorrow. This version of Ubuntu, from what I've read, contains many issues and from what I know using LAMPP is kinda different.

Personally, I use Debian. Most Linux servers on the Internet seem to be using it, so I go with the majority. Smile

It's a lot more stable than Ubuntu, because Ubuntu's release cycle is much shorter. If you want bleeding edge, then Ubuntu is for you. If you want old, but stable, Debian's ideal.

Well, I also use Debian for my actual servers. Ubuntu is just for my main GUI OS (I don't use Windows). Ubuntu is not so comfy for running a server in, and I just use it to edit the text and see the result. Just for development. Smile

You can set up a SAMBA or NFS share for that, so you can access your server files as if they were on your Windows machine, using your favourite editor/IDE.

https://help.ubuntu.com/10.04/serverguid...erver.html. Don't follow the guide to the letter. I would suggest reading it first, and then making it fit to your situation.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB