Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
flashdata with popup window

[eluser]haris244808[/eluser]
i have a popup window where i submit a form....i am submiting the form to the controller and if all goes ok, i redirect a flashdata message to a Parent page, not to a popup window(that window is closed after the submition) ....

i use onsubmit="[removed]self.close();" ... the form is submitted but the redirect and FLASHDATA is shown in the popup window not to the parent window...

i tried also onsubmit="[removed]window.forms[0].submit().self.close();" ...same result

should i use sessions instead of flashdata in this case or there is a solution with Flashdata...

note: after i set a flashdata message i redirect('page');

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
Flashdata is almost identical to userdata. They're both stored in the session, the only major difference being that flashdata will be deleted on the next page request, unless you use $this->session->keep_flashdata(). If you only need the data to be carried over to the next request, then flashdata is ideal.

[quote author="TheFuzzy0ne" date="1364170833"]Flashdata is almost identical to userdata. They're both stored in the session, the only major difference being that flashdata will be deleted on the next page request, unless you use $this->session->keep_flashdata(). If you only need the data to be carried over to the next request, then flashdata is ideal.[/quote]

ok and how can i send flashdata to the parent page (window.opener).... in controller i am redirecting to the page i want...and it redirects...but it opens the redirected page to the popup window ...not to the parent...

how can i make a redirection together with flashdata to go to the parent window and close the popup???

can anyone please help me solve this case??

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB