Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Jquery Ajax Security

[eluser]Peham[/eluser]
Hi,

Just wanted to have your expert opinion on jquery's ajax data submissions. i.e $.ajax(), $.get() etc regarding security. Is it safe to use these jquery functions as ajax calls?

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
No, not whilst driving a car or defusing bombs.

Please could you be more specific? What do you mean "is it safe"?

[eluser]Peham[/eluser]
lol, I wrote "Is it safe to use these jquery functions as ajax calls?"
We know that javascript can be stopped in a browser and there can be alot more things done with it. So i just wanted to ask that using javascript (i.e jquery) to send form data to server can it lead to some kind of security vulnerability.

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
I still don't understand the question, but I'll try to answer anyway.

AJAX is no less safe than using a Web browser and clicking on links. It's pretty much identical (it even uses the same cookies during a request), the only difference being that it does all it's work behind the scenes. So long as your app is secure, you have XSS enabled, and filter user input, all should be well. Imagine AJAX as being a Web browser in it's own right. It can send data to the server, and retrieve data, just like a Web browser. A lot of people may disagree with that analogy, but with regards to security, I think it's fairly accurate.

[eluser]Peham[/eluser]
I don't know why you are not understanding such a simple question. Anyhow thanks for your reply.

[eluser]Otemu[/eluser]
Check out this article here maybe it help and another article here

[eluser]Peham[/eluser]
Thanks Otemu. That is exactly the information I was looking for.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB