Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
hmvc codeigniter

[eluser]tlaloc[/eluser]
Hello everyone my name is Eddie. I am currently working with codeigniter hmvc, I have 90 percent completed, the my problem I am having is that is was done my locally in my WAMP server. when i try to installed it in a goddady account I get this error message

"Warning: require_once(/home/content/81/9674081/html/system/codeigniter/CodeIgniter.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/81/9674081/html/index.php on line 115

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/content/81/9674081/html/system/codeigniter/CodeIgniter.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/81/9674081/html/index.php on line 115"

I am a complete newbie and I was wondering if some one can point me the right direction ..

thank you in advance for any help

Eddie

[eluser]Katie1348[/eluser]
Hi Eddie,

Did you change the name of the 'core' folder to 'codeigniter'?

I ask, as you seem to have a different folder structure to the standard.

On 2.1.3 the CodeIgniter.php file is in 'system\core'.

Kind regards,

Kate

[eluser]tlaloc[/eluser]
Hi Kate after I posted the I read few other articles and I remove the entire folder and reinstalled as follow
Html --- (this exits already in the server)
------ [apache logs] (also already in the server)
------ JaxInI (my folder that I had on my local server, I made all the change to mysql connection and instead of local host in config file I use www. Eddie.com/ for url config)

Previously I had place the folders directly instead of creating JaxInI file in which gave the error that I post earlier. now the error is gone but I have “Forbidden You don't have permission to access / on this server. Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an Error Document to handle the request.” Another site gave me some clues as what could be the problem. It appears to be my .htacces file but I am not sure how to write the file to correct this problem. I will look for articles or tutorials to educate myself on how to write the htacces file correctly. The odd thing is that even after I removed the htaccess file from the folder I still have the same error message. I am sorry if this is not clear, as I mention before I am newbie I have recently been introduce to php in the last 3 or four 4 while doing this project so I am still learning. I am not sure how to check which version I am using. I follow a tutorial that gave me the version of codeigniter that I am currently using. so that could also be part of the problem.
Thank you for taking time to replied to my original post

Best Regards

Eddie

[eluser]Katie1348[/eluser]
Hi Eddie,

If you have the 'index.php' as part of the url, eg:

http://www.example.com/index.php/controller/function

do you see it work?

I am asking, because the .htaccess file will most likely only have an effect if you are trying to use the URL shortening technique and you are running on Apache.

I suppose, I should ask, which web server are you running on?

There is a function in PHP which will tell you your PHP configuration.

If you make a new file test.php and then add the following, you should get a ton of PHP related information, which will include modules and versions.

Code:
<php phpinfo(); ?&gt;

That one line is all you need, then run it directly from your browser, eg:

http://www.example.com/test.php

If it is in the root or HTML folder in your case, then it should show all the PHP configuration information.

This should get you one step closer.

Kind regards,

Kate

[eluser]tlaloc[/eluser]
Thank you for the advice Kate.
I will try it tonight as soon as I get chance. Thank you for you time and advice its greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Eddie

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB