Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter Single Page Website

[eluser]qICEp[/eluser]
I would like to build a single page website with CI,i dont know much javascript but i used some simple jquery plugins like lightbox,nivo slider,ect...

So, is there any library/helper that can help me build single page website with CI ?
I would like to do everything in PHP without need to write (much) JS code.

I was searching much about these but didnt find anything that is actually CI related.
Idea of website is that header and footer are static, in header i want to update few divs each X seconds and in footer i want to add music player (It means i can not fully reload page if i want nice and fluid media stream, and these is ONE of the REASONS i decided for single page app).

I was looking at few javascript frameworks and PJAX and WISELINKS look's like something im looking for but WISELINKS dont have any example for PHP not to mention CI...By the way,i was using standalone pjax long time ago and i know that it reload whole div that is actually body of your site.I like it but it does not fit 100% with my needs and there is conflict with jQuery that i dont know how to fix.

If these kinda library/helper does not exist yet than any example/tutorial or other useful resource about single page app's in CI would help.
By the way im new in MVC and CI
Thank you in advance.

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
I can't help thinking that in this case, a PHP framework may be overkill. If you only want a single page Web site, you should be able to achieve that using a static HTML file, with some Javascript.

Each page of your site would essentially be all in one, but broken up into pieces (using divs), then you can hide all of them but one. You can then bind events to your navigation, so that when clicked, the current page gets hidden and the new one appears. There's a lot of ways to do this, and also effects that you can add, so it depends what you're after.

However, please be advised that if you get a user who has Javascript disabled, the site will not work, so you'll need to keep that in mind.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB