Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Assets Folder Error 403

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hey guys, so I'm trying out CI and it looks pretty good so far but something has been bugging me that is halting me from continuing my project. I can't get my assets folder to work, I get 'Access forbidden! Error 403'

I've tried several things with the .htaccess but even removing it doesn't help me get access to the folder. Anyone has any ideas on how to solve this?

My assets folder is in the same directory as the applications and system folders.

Thanks,
Donald.

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
Welcome to the CodeIgniter forums!

It sounds like you might have more than one .htaccess file in more than one directory. Are you actually trying to load a specific file, or are you simply trying to access the directory? If you're expecting the contents of the directory to be listed, it probably won't work, since most ISPs disable directory listings by default.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I'm trying to load the file with the Asset Manager that is on the wiki.
https://github.com/EllisLab/CodeIgniter/...et-Manager

And the image I'm trying to load is in the following path.

/applications
/system
/assets
-- public/
---- images/
------ <image>.png

There isn't any .htaccess on the assets folder.

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
If you're getting a 403 error, that most likely means that your requests is not being rerouted through index.php, and you're trying to access the file directly.

If everything configured correctly, you should be able to access an asset by putting something like this directly into your address bar: www.yoursite.com/asset_controller/images/public/<filename>.

If you don't have an .htaccess file, you'll need to use: www.yoursite.com/index.php?/asset_controller/images/public/<filename>

Hopefully that should get you pointed in the right direction.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB