Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Possible to stop Apache from looking for extended libraries?

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Pardon in advance, I'm not a PHP developer. I was looking into the performance of our Linux/Apache/PHP app server (not because of a problem) and via strace noticed calls like the ones below looking for extended library files of the type MY_* being done. (yes config/config.php has subclass prefix set to 'MY_').

While we do use the extended library capability for one class (and only one class) we do not use it for any of the classes below, it appears to be looking for the MY_ version of every class first for every class. Which makes some sense.

I was wondering if it's possible to make this lookup stop via some configuration file? Is the issue that we are using the one extended library and that's why it does the lookup on all files? If so I'd still be interested in knowing how to make the look up stop for all. We could potentially get rid of the one MY_ file and do things differently.

(I've tried commenting out the '$config['subclass_prefix']' line in the config/config.php file that did not work.)

snippet of strace output:
-----
access("./core/MY_Lang.php", F_OK) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
access("./core/MY_Controller.php", F_OK) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
access("./core/MY_Loader.php", F_OK) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
access("./helpers/MY_url_helper.php", F_OK) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
access("./helpers/MY_lazy_helper.php", F_OK) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)

Thanks.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB