Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Issues with FTP Class

[eluser]kyymehra[/eluser]
I can't seem to use most of the functions that make changes to existing files, such as ftp->delete_file(). I just get an error every time that says 'Unable to delete the file'. Similar for other functions.

Are these functions not meant to work on localhost? I tried to upload them to a hosting account but then the pages wouldn't even load at all, but then again that could be GoDaddy's fault.

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
Welcome to the CodeIgniter forums!

It should work on the localhost, but there are factors that might affect how well that works. You might find it works if you connect using the Fully Qualified Domain Name.

Hey TheFuzzyOne,

Thanks for the reply.

I am interested to try using the FQDN. Currently I have the $config['hostname'] set to: 127.0.0.1. What is the FQDN for localhost? I tried a couple Google searches with no useful results. I'll keep looking though.

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
When you signed up with GoDaddy, they should've given you some FTP login credentials. Try using those. Smile

I was using my GoDaddy FTP user credentials, so I don't know what's up with GoDaddy.

I solved my problem for localhost though. The user on my local FTP server didn't have the right permissions to do most of the things with the files that I needed it to do... I just hadn't thought to look at the FTP user's permissions for some reason. xD

Thanks for the help though.

[eluser]Ken_GoDaddy[/eluser]
@kyymehra,

I'm with Go Daddy and came across your post.

Have you been able to connect correctly to your hosting account with us?

If not I would like to assist you further. Please feel free to reply or send me a private message.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB