Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
TinyMCE CI integration doesn't work

[eluser]alex646[/eluser]
I'm trying to add TinyMCE into my CI project, everything works well except one thing:

Editor shows up correctly, but the area where you supposed to type text is not showing up.

Just menus, toolbar and statusbar show up, actual editor to type text doesn't. I use CI's form_texarea(), TinyMCE works well if I add <textarea></textarea> right below my form_texarea(), but I get two editors, I'm very confused : (

My code:

JS files are stored in the template:

Code:
<head>
    <!--TinyMCE test -->

<!-- Place inside the <head> of your HTML -->
[removed][removed]
[removed]
tinymce.init({
    mode: "textareas"
});
[removed]

Form view:

Code:
<?php echo form_open('private/add_post/newpost'); ?>

<h5>Title</h5>
<div class="">&lt;?php echo form_error('title'); ?&gt;</div>
&lt;input type="text" name="title" value ='&lt;?php print $this-&gt;session->flashdata('title'); ?&gt;' size="50" />
<h5>Post</h5>
&lt;?php echo form_error('post'); ?&gt;
&lt;?php print form_textarea( array( 'name' => 'post', 'rows' => '10', 'value' => set_value('post')) )?&gt;
<div>&lt;input type="submit" value="Submit" /&gt;&lt;/div>
&lt;?php echo form_close();?&gt;

I appreciate any help!

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
I'd suggest you start with a simple:
Code:
&lt;?php
    $data['name'] = 'post';
    echo form_textarea($data);
?&gt;

Render the page, and make sure it works, and then add one attribute at a time to see if you can figure out where it breaks.

Try changing the name to something more random. The problem could have something to do with your CSS.

[eluser]alex646[/eluser]
Thanks!

I've tried that, but nothing shows up when I print post var.

If I add another &lt;textarea&gt;&lt;/textarea> right after form_textarea(), two editors show up, the first one works fine, but the second one '&lt;textarea&gt;&lt;/textarea>' is broken. Somehow, when I add second textarea input, it fixes the form_textarea(). Very confusing : /

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB