Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
what library is this?

[eluser]jairoh_[/eluser]
1. how to add something like this in the site? or is there a library for this?
[Image: textareag.png]

2. how can my site read html tags like bold, qoute, code, anchor and etc? because it queried text content from my database w/ those tags, but those tags were ignored.

3. how can html automatically know if the text was a link, or automatically creates an anchor tag if the text is a link

i need help. tnx

[eluser]jairoh_[/eluser]
does anyone here wanna share some knowledge?

[eluser]eggzy[/eluser]
http://ckeditor.com/

[eluser]jairoh_[/eluser]
thank you. i'll be reading that.

[eluser]StevenSokulski[/eluser]
1. Looks like this has already been covered. Use a plug-in like FCKeditor TinyMCE, etc.

2. If you pull HTML from your database and put it in the <body> tag of an HTML file, it should output. Can you share the HTML output you're seeing, as well as the relevant controllers, models, etc.

3. The short answer is, it can't. By the time it is presented as HTML, any logic has to have already applied. To put it another way, HTML doesn't "know" anything. That's were PHP comes in. You could use PHP to detect URLs and email addresses and create anchor tags for them.

Alternatively, some editors (as mentioned in #1) contain this functionality, too.

[eluser]jairoh_[/eluser]
[quote author="StevenSokulski" date="1368109463"]1. Looks like this has already been covered. Use a plug-in like FCKeditor TinyMCE, etc.

2. If you pull HTML from your database and put it in the <body> tag of an HTML file, it should output. Can you share the HTML output you're seeing, as well as the relevant controllers, models, etc.

3. The short answer is, it can't. By the time it is presented as HTML, any logic has to have already applied. To put it another way, HTML doesn't "know" anything. That's were PHP comes in. You could use PHP to detect URLs and email addresses and create anchor tags for them.

Alternatively, some editors (as mentioned in #1) contain this functionality, too.[/quote]

1. i'm now having a problem. if i'll use the ckeditor, my smileys won't work, i mean when i click the smileys it will not append into the textarea. but i remove the ckeditor's script and back to normal textarea, i can use the smileys again. is there any way i can use both of this?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB