Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Created a reddit / digg CMS on top of CodeIgniter

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hey guys!

I made a CMS system on top of Codeigniter, it might be of interest to you guys. The cms is very similar to reddit / digg and I'll be open sourcing it later today or tomorrow.

Check out my blog for more information.

http://timnuwin.blogspot.com/2013/05/cms...sting.html

It's a breeze outputting projects w/ CI!

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
Welcome to the CodeIgniter forums!

It looks great, although I'm not quite sure why you've got Javascript in a PHP file hidden in libraries. Shouldn't that be in your assets directory?

It's clean and well-structured, but my main qualm is that it seems that Javascript is required for the site to work. I know that many people will disagree with me, but I believe that Javascript should be used to enhance functionality, and Web sites should still work without it. Smile

Apologies if your Javascript does degrade gracefully. I was just looking at the login method, and it seemed to rely on Javascript.

Just out of interest, how long did it take you to code the site?

Thanks for sharing.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hey,

Thanks for the feedback. It's greatly appreciated! Is the php file that you're referring to the angular one? If so I think I was just trying to figure out how to get JS libraries to load through a library load call, but obviously didn't get it working. I'll be removing that file Smile

I spent probably 5 full days working on this so there's it's far from finished [Courtesy of CI!!]. Part of the reason why I made it so heavy on JS at first is because I wanted to have the code full accessible through JSON calls [to make it easy for people to write external apps connecting to it]. So I went a little trigger-happy w/ the javascript in the code! My plan is to eventually do cURL calls on the server side to load the majority of the content [w/ those JSON calls]. Regarding the login method, I haven't made a fall-back non-js method just yet but that's on my task of to-do's =]

Thanks again for the feedback,
Tim N.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB