Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Another CI question

[eluser]gork7478[/eluser]
I have a question that I know many people have asked, but I'm kind of stuck here. I want to use CI for a framework. But I here that laravel, symfony2, zend make for better choices. I'm hereing opinions about laravel being better than CI. That CI future looks dim compared to others. I would like to use CI but wonder if CI is becoming obsolete. I'm a noob so please be kind.

[eluser]Pert[/eluser]
[quote author="gork7478" date="1368529513"]I would like to use CI but wonder if CI is becoming obsolete. I'm a noob so please be kind.[/quote]

I don't think so.

It might have lost some momentum with v3.0 dev, sure.

I've used CI for 3+ years professionally and I've yet to see a task that I can't do with CI. I've been building a massive bug reporting portal with 6,000+ user accounts so it's not like we're not pushing the limits.

There are quite few people saying CI has limitations, but they never actually go in detail what they were unable to do.

Not demanding servers to have the latest PHP version is bonus in my eyes, a lot of shared packages are nowhere near up to date, one of my personal sites is hosted in PHP 5.1.7 environment!

Plus no-one stops you using any new PHP features in your own code, it's just that CI itself does not require it.

Hope this helps.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB