Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
where/how can I edit the layout on a category page?

[eluser]girlLAKE62[/eluser]
Hi,
Excuse me if I ask a stupid question. I'm working on my first codeigniter project and so far I think it's great.
I've been brought on board this project to change the format of the blog/category feed on a live site.
This live site has several categories, including "blog" which is set up as a category and that is how they want it. Some of the category pages are styled to display the title, image and excerpt of the first three entries for that category. I would like to style the "blog" category to display the same way.
1. How and where can I change the layout of that one category page? I imagine I can borrow some of the code for the already styled categories for the blog category.
2. How and where can I edit that feed so that the first 6 entries are displayed?
Thanks in advance for your help!

Can anybody point me in the right direction please?

[eluser]Alam71[/eluser]
I am not sure if i figure out your question. Nonetheless... You can edit the category view at template/catalog/category/view. phtml. If you require to use the 3 column layout like the home page, you need to assign the 3 column template in the catalog. xml file.

Thank you Alam,

I'm sorry if I didn't explain my problem further.

Currently, the blog page doesn't have a public link to it. It shows the post title and the date. http://wellnessplusclinic.com/blog. I would like to have the blog feed display look like the promotions page here http://wellnessplusclinic.com/promotions, where it would show the title, date, excerpt and thumbnail.

I did find this
application > views > template > default > modules > news > list_promotions.php which has the code to display the similar content on the promotions page.

"blog" and "promotions" are actually both defined "categories".

I assume I need to create something like list_blog.php, but not sure where/how list_promotions.php is called and thus not sure where to manage the new view for the blog.

Thanks so much for the help,
D

I found the view. It was not named clearly.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB