Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Check CI bugs

[eluser]mostafash[/eluser]
Hi,
I have a site programmed with CI and my host is 'DirectAdmin' , recently my site was hacked and my question is how can I check my CI bugs?
Or I should change my host to 'Cpanel' ?
plz help me Sad

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
It depends how you were hacked. If someone managed to figure out your control panel password, then the lesson to be learnt is that you need to use a better password. If your site was hacked due to a bug, that's going to be a lot more difficult to find, because normally, you think about security whilst developing your app, not afterwards.

[eluser]Pert[/eluser]
Logs are the only way to piece together what ever happened while you weren't looking.

For first few months leave CI to write PHP errors in log files, very useful when trying to iron out all the issues and soon the number of errors should be very small.

Server logs are useful, but some hosting companies make it pain in the bum to get access to these.

General rule is, if they got into your server, it was probably lack of security from server software side than through your CI application.

As a side note, I hope whoever is working on CodeIgniter 3.0 will fix that annoying session cookie message - suspicious data was in the cookie, it might be hacking attempt. Sure, how about adding details like what the cookie was or what was remote IP address?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB