Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
403 error when submitting forms after removing index.php

[eluser]zazvorniki[/eluser]
Hello, I come to this form for help. I have never come across this error before and anyone else I speak to about it is stumped as well....so this is my last resort.

Before I removed my index.php everything worked just fine, but as soon as I did every time I submit a form or action I'm getting back a header with a found error and header information.

I have tried every re-write for the index possible and this is he one that seems to cause the least amount of errors.

Code:
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^system.*
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /index.php?/$1 [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^application.*
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /index.php?/$1 [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php?/$1 [L]

I do have a live url is writeyourfiction.com if you would like to take a look. The quickest way to receive the error is registering and then hitting logout. To access the site, I do have it password protected, the username is user and the password is pass. I would really appreciate any help anyone can give me.

[eluser]jairoh_[/eluser]
try to replace ur .htaccess w/ this
Code:
RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule .* index.php/$0 [PT,L]

[quote author="jairoh_" date="1370489148"]try to replace ur .htaccess w/ this
Code:
RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule .* index.php/$0 [PT,L]
[/quote]

I've tried that. When I do, I receive back "No input file specified.". So I tried from other suggestions to place a question mark in the rewrite rule, like this.

Code:
RewriteRule .* index.php?/$0 [PT,L]

and I still get 403 error whenever I submit a form. I've tired adding a refresh to my redirects to see if that would do anything, but I'm still receaving a header with my session information and server informaiton.

When I remove the index.php it also seems to slow down anything redirecting and makes the browser hang for a few minutes. Which is strange.

[eluser]jairoh_[/eluser]
you don't need to remove the index.php file, you just empty the $config[ 'index_page' ] in the config. and use the .htaccess i used. that worked for me.

[quote author="jairoh_" date="1370561390"]you don't need to remove the index.php file, you just empty the $config[ 'index_page' ] in the config. and use the .htaccess i used. that worked for me.[/quote]

I never said I was removing the whole file. I was talking about removing it from the url...why I'm having all this trouble. And I did everything above, emptying the index.php in the config and the htaccess code, but nothing has worked. If I use the code you provided I can't move anywhere past my front page. I get back “No input file specified.”.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB