Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Out of control getcontrollers file

[eluser]WhiskeyM1ke[/eluser]
In every single one of my codeigniter installation folders... I have over 95,000 files called "getcontrollers" that start "getcontrollers.1" and go on past "getcontrollers.95000". My host is about ready to lock my account because I have too many files hosted... and I'm sure this has to be the reason.

What is this file? I know it's linked to CodeIgniter because it's only located in codeigniter installations. How do I stop it?

Well I figured something out, the files are created when a cron is run from one of my controllers. It's like it creates a home directory log every time it runs... starting to think this isn't a CI problem.

[eluser]Pert[/eluser]
As you said, not a CI problem Wink

You might be able to disable cron job log on your server, depending on the hosting company. You could also try to delete old logs in controller, so it would never reach such a high file count.

Yea think I fixed the problem. I was using "wget" as the cron command (my thought was to have the server access my url so I could have access to all the CI instance goodies). Anyhow, I've switched to "php ..." and converted the controller to a pure PHP script, and haven't had the problem since.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB