Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
What is the syntax 'EXP_'?

[eluser]luisvallin[/eluser]
What is the syntax 'EXP_' in codeigniter
How do you create a table with this expression exp_?

[eluser]sotoz[/eluser]
Taken from codeigniter's documentation.
Quote:Any tables that your add-on might use must use the 'exp_' prefix, followed by a prefix uniquely identifying you as the developer or company, and then a short descriptive table name. You do not need to be concerned about the database prefix being used on the user's installation, as CodeIgniter's database class will automatically convert 'exp_' to what is actually being used.

So i guess if you want to add a new table named "posts" you should add your prefix, for example "myprefix_posts" and before that add the exp_ prefix. This combines as "exp_myprefix_posts."

[eluser]wiredesignz[/eluser]
That paragraph has nothing to do with CodeIgniter. It appears to relate to addons and tables created for Expression Engine.

[eluser]sotoz[/eluser]
[quote author="wiredesignz" date="1371814819"]That paragraph has nothing to do with CodeIgniter. It appears to relate to addons and tables created for Expression Engine.[/quote]

Are you sure? I got it from here :
http://ellislab.com/codeigniter/user-gui...guide.html

If that is the case they should note that on the codeigniter's php style guide.

Yes, I am very sure.
http://ellislab.com/expressionengine/use...able-names

[eluser]sotoz[/eluser]
I bet they are almost the same development style guides. Smile I'm wondering now if this exp_ prefix thing will work on codeigniter anyway...

Stop wondering. It is irrelevant

As I have already said, the table naming paragraph has nothing to do with CodeIgniter.

The CodeIgniter style guide is an edited version of the Expression Engine style guide. That paragraph was not edited out as it should have been.

[eluser]luisvallin[/eluser]
I am somewhat confused EXP_ the expression is part of codeigniter or Expression Engine?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB