Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Prevent product re-distribution

[eluser]Tommy1402[/eluser]
Hi,

Is there any method to prevent re-distribution of our CI-based product by our client?

[eluser]Ckirk[/eluser]
You can use something like Zend Guard to encrypt and licence your product.
Nothing can give you 100% protection against a determined "cracker" but it should give enough protection against the layman.

Disclaimer: I've not used any method of protecting my own applications so can't give you any first hand experience.

[quote author="Ckirk" date="1372138827"]You can use something like Zend Guard to encrypt and licence your product.
Nothing can give you 100% protection against a determined "cracker" but it should give enough protection against the layman.

Disclaimer: I've not used any method of protecting my own applications so can't give you any first hand experience.[/quote]

Is it safe to do that due the CI license is OSL 3.0?
meaning: we don't have to release the source-code, and prevent the client not to distribute our product.

I'm researching some of available frameworks/cms which license is pretty safe for our product future...

[eluser]Ckirk[/eluser]
under this license yes
http://ellislab.com/codeigniter/user-guide/license.html

I haven't seen the licensing for 3.0, though any software you write is your own intellectual property so you may encrypt as much of it as you please. Leaving the framework source code open source wouldn't be a problem for you, I assume.

[quote author="Ckirk" date="1372316607"]under this license yes
http://ellislab.com/codeigniter/user-guide/license.html

I haven't seen the licensing for 3.0, though any software you write is your own intellectual property so you may encrypt as much of it as you please. Leaving the framework source code open source wouldn't be a problem for you, I assume.[/quote]

Ok, thanks for your response.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB