Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
New to Codeigniter (Frameworks)

[eluser]Ali Fattahi[/eluser]
[quote author="satie" date="1372325882"]If framework update is important for you, all frameworks are good Wink[/quote]
I didn't say CodeIgniter is bad! I developed many web applications by codeigniter and I sayed it's not good choise , because it's about 1 year that has not any update Smile

[eluser]masrodjie[/eluser]
[quote author="Ali Fattahi" date="1372328180"][quote author="satie" date="1372325882"]If framework update is important for you, all frameworks are good Wink[/quote]
I didn't say CodeIgniter is bad! I developed many web applications by codeigniter and I sayed it's not good choise , because it's about 1 year that has not any update Smile [/quote]

If you prefer update frequently, you can choose Zend Framework. It think every month they update their framework and you must spent time to learn it every month. Or most new frameworks make update frequently. Each framework has different purpose and focus. CodeIgniter keep the simplicity. This framework can be install on almost all of php web hosting. And this framework is pretty stable so it doesn't need update frequently.

[eluser]anis2505[/eluser]
Quote:If you prefer update frequently, you can choose Zend Framework. It think every month they update their framework and you must spent time to learn it every month

I guess Laravel has broken the record. Version 4 in less than 2 years, I think in 5 years they will be out of numbers (Version 9999999999999 ERROR)

Codeigniter for sure it lacks some great feature of PHP 5.3 but as it's now CI can do anything you imagine in easy efficient and faster way than any other framework

[quote author="masrodjie" date="1372337927"][quote author="Ali Fattahi" date="1372328180"][quote author="satie" date="1372325882"]If framework update is important for you, all frameworks are good Wink[/quote]
I didn't say CodeIgniter is bad! I developed many web applications by codeigniter and I sayed it's not good choise , because it's about 1 year that has not any update Smile [/quote]

If you prefer update frequently, you can choose Zend Framework. It think every month they update their framework and you must spent time to learn it every month. Or most new frameworks make update frequently. Each framework has different purpose and focus. CodeIgniter keep the simplicity. This framework can be install on almost all of php web hosting. And this framework is pretty stable so it doesn't need update frequently.[/quote]
I think other frameworks are sufficiently stable too, and CodeIgniter lacks some great feature...

[eluser]john90[/eluser]
After loads of confusion (reading about other frameworks), I finally wanted to start learning CI. Now here again you guys are saying, it is not updated often, lacks few features etc...
I'm confused again now Smile

[eluser]anis2505[/eluser]
[quote author="john90" date="1372348716"]After loads of confusion (reading about other frameworks), I finally wanted to start learning CI. Now here again you guys are saying, it is not updated often, lacks few features etc...
I'm confused again now Smile[/quote]

Lots of feature that PHP >=5.3 cames with out of the box are already implemented in CI the CI way. if you want to learn the CI way fine. if not there is so many other frameworks that uses the PHP 5.3 features. By the way Laravel doesn't look like a framework it's an assembly of frameworks nothing more nothing less.

[eluser]jairoh_[/eluser]
[quote author="Ali Fattahi" date="1372343218"][quote author="masrodjie" date="1372337927"][quote author="Ali Fattahi" date="1372328180"][quote author="satie" date="1372325882"]If framework update is important for you, all frameworks are good Wink[/quote]

If you prefer update frequently, you can choose Zend Framework. It think every month they update their framework and you must spent time to learn it every month. Or most new frameworks make update frequently. Each framework has different purpose and focus. CodeIgniter keep the simplicity. This framework can be install on almost all of php web hosting. And this framework is pretty stable so it doesn't need update frequently.[/quote]
I think other frameworks are sufficiently stable too, and CodeIgniter lacks some great feature...[/quote]

are you looking at the github or just hearing rumors? hehehe. actually CI 3.0 is coming. there is a pre-release of that. just find it. CI does not lack some features, there are sometimes it's better you need to do it on your own. Been to other frameworks like laravel, it's not that strong like CI, that's why it updates always. Yes, CI is today not that into updating like 3 times a year, but that just means that CI is mature and strong enough for a framework that nobody complained about it. And if see someone complaining about CI, 100% i know they just don't get the syntax or how it is being used. hahahaha. those rumors.

[quote author="jairoh_" date="1372370805"][quote author="Ali Fattahi" date="1372343218"][quote author="masrodjie" date="1372337927"][quote author="Ali Fattahi" date="1372328180"][quote author="satie" date="1372325882"]If framework update is important for you, all frameworks are good Wink[/quote]

I think other frameworks are sufficiently stable too, and CodeIgniter lacks some great feature...[/quote]

are you looking at the github or just hearing rumors? hehehe. actually CI 3.0 is coming. there is a pre-release of that. just find it. CI does not lack some features, there are sometimes it's better you need to do it on your own. Been to other frameworks like laravel, it's not that strong like CI, that's why it updates always. Yes, CI is today not that into updating like 3 times a year, but that just means that CI is mature and strong enough for a framework that nobody complained about it. And if see someone complaining about CI, 100% i know they just don't get the syntax or how it is being used. hahahaha. those rumors.[/quote]

it's greate! good news....
I see the github and it seems it moved to release new version... so the good news . i'm very happy :-*

[eluser]whygod[/eluser]
Hi John

Please go ahead use CodeIgniter.
It's very stable, the update is not frequent but it's rock solid.

[eluser]Pert[/eluser]
Just to clarify about PHP 5.3 features - you can use these in your own code. For example shortcode to create array ( $array = []; )

The framework itself works without 5.3 so it's not question of you can't use new features, it's question of framework not requiring them in case you are working with hosting company that doesn't offer 5.3 yet.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB