Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
My website goes down often after so many processes evolves in the database

[eluser]demolala[/eluser]
Pleas what can i do to my website running on a codeigniter framework. The codeigniter is actually an older version so i'm not sure if that is a bug on its own. I've moved from hostgator to bluehost thinking it was my host. but i still get same issue. The issue is that the database connection always goes down often when processes in the database accumulate. But once i kill them it comes back on. The issue is i don't know what generates those processes. MY pconnect is set to FALSE. Please i need an urgent help. Thanks

[eluser]jairoh_[/eluser]
what version of CI u are using?

[eluser]Pert[/eluser]
Could happen if you have really big query, for example when you are trying to join a lot of tables together. Can you see from log files what is the query your stuck processes are trying to run?

[eluser]Ali Fattahi[/eluser]
I have the same problem... But i find a solution...
you have to make some fields as index .
For example
if in your tables have user_id field and you use this field in your queries for search , you must set user_id as index
or your queries use news_title in fetch queries , you must set news_title as index
by this solution I reduced query time from 20 sec to 0.1 sec Smile

[eluser]demolala[/eluser]
Thank you so much guyz, my host(bluehost) told me that there are external connections dt is overloading the apache and requires dt i figure it out. I was thinking of paying a server maintenance company to do it for me buh i think i shud get your opinions. It actually sounds like there have been some hacking on my server or what do you all think?

[eluser]Pert[/eluser]
What does dt mean again?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB