Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Worth learning code igniter now?

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
This is terrible, something needs to happen with Codeigniter fast, people are losing confidence! We should start a petition or something.

[eluser]noideawhattotypehere[/eluser]
Move on for Laravel/Symfony or something that is being popular and maintained. No offence, i love CI but there is no point investing your time anymore into it.

[eluser]jonez[/eluser]
[quote author="noideawhattotypehere" date="1386686326"]Move on for Laravel/Symfony or something that is being popular and maintained. No offence, i love CI but there is no point investing your time anymore into it.[/quote]
You could use Laravel, which as I understand has required a rewrite *every* version change (gee that sounds fun, wait wasn't the point to have updated code?) or you could stick with CI. Version 3 is basically backwards compatible as was every previous version.

If you researched all the options and determined CI was a good fit for your requirements download CI3 from Github. It's stable and has a lot of new features over 2.1.4.

[eluser]Skoobi[/eluser]
I'd not long started learning CI before the news came out but after I've learnt a fair bit I'm addicted to CI and even if it did stop id carry on using it as it has excellent help docs and like someone else said on here that you can do whatever you want with it. Plus now that I've learned some of the basics of CI i understand how larval and the other frameworks work now and it has helped. Plus the help you get on the forums are second to none...

[eluser]ivantcholakov[/eluser]
@amarok

Explore how would you send an e-mail with CodeIgniter and how would you send an e-mail with Zend, and you will have your own answer.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB