Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Potential project

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi,

I m thinking to develop a e-shop management system using CodeIgniter and I was wondering if the development of Codeigniter is only oriented around blogs. I know that in programming everything is possible since you can use pure php or alter source of the framework. But my main question is if CI can be a great help.

The reason I m not using oscommerce or other applications as such is because the client is in need of a custom application.

Also I wanted to ask in order to install CI do i need access to the whole server or just the public_html?

Cheers

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
I was wondering if the development of Codeigniter is only oriented around blogs
CI Is not just for blogs. CI is a php framework. All that it provides is useful tools on top of the default php. You can do anything you want with it.

But my main question is if CI can be a great help.
That depends on you and the situation you want to use it. For me I won't ever go back to coding without CI now. It just adds so much and makes things so easy and fun.

Also I wanted to ask in order to install CI do i need access to the whole server or just the public_html?
All CI is, is a group of php files which run just like normal website code. To use it you only need to copy the CI files in the public_html folder and you can start making kick ass applications.

I hope this helps. If you do have any questions do just ask on the forums, someone is bound to be able to help you.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
thanks for the quick answer mate.

I m more of a C++/C# programmer than php.

thanks for the help I m installing it now to have a look.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB