Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
My Farewell

[eluser]Vheissu[/eluser]
Well everyone, it has been a good few years working with Codeigniter and I've loved the community, loved helping contribute and make the framework stand-out amongst the rest but it's time to move on to something else.

Given the recent events of Ellislab looking for a new owner to take over Codeigniter, I've decided to leave and move to Kohana. I really do love Codeigniter, but not knowing its future or if it even has a future for that matter, these uncertainties are just some of many reasons I've decided to move.

Up until the transfer I might help out with a couple of posts here and there on the forums and I will also be leaving my Codeigniter contributions up on Github for the foreseeable future as well. I've got a few personal projects that never came to fruition (built on CI) that I am planning to open source sometime soon as well.

I respect and understand why Ellislab do not want to continue on with maintaining a free framework (they're a business with employees and bills at the end of the day). I might see some of you over at the Kohana forums and around other various places.

Its been real everyone.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
please i need ur help...i copied ans pasted the code on the CI 2.1.3 in the tutorials section.. i copied the code on the creating news item section.. when i clicked the submit button i get errors,, could you help me.. try copying the code for the creating news items (ver 2.1.3), click the submit button button to see how yours works
.. thanks..
ps: i am really getting frustrated woth this frame work.. it harder than i thought

[eluser]Alucemet[/eluser]
[quote author="jonnyb223" date="1374957705"]please i need ur help...i copied ans pasted the code on the CI 2.1.3 in the tutorials section.. i copied the code on the creating news item section.. when i clicked the submit button i get errors,, could you help me.. try copying the code for the creating news items (ver 2.1.3), click the submit button button to see how yours works
.. thanks..
ps: i am really getting frustrated woth this frame work.. it harder than i thought
[/quote]

If CI is harder than you thought, it's probably because you don't know PHP good enough to use it. I recommend reading this:

PHP Docs

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB