Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
UTF8 encoded files result in Cannot modify header information - headers already sent warning

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi Team

I have been trying to get my site to work with Chinese characters. Everywhere (I think) I have set the character set to UTF 8 - config files, database config, etc. When I store chinese characters in the database and display them on a page all is good. I then tried to set up chinese language files. After some mucking about I found that I needed to have the language files as UTF8 encoded file and not ANSI. All other files were ANSI encoded.

When I encoded the file as UTF8 it throws the "Connot modify header information" error. If I convert it back to ANSI all is good.

I had a bit of a play and found that if I converted index.php to UTF8 I got the same error.

Thinking that maybe consistency is the go I converted all the PHP files to UTF8. This didn't help at all. Again the same error came up.

I did a text search to see whether there were any headers being output anywhere (searched for charset=) but no luck.

I am out of ideas. Any help ?

Thanks

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Oh dear

UTF-8 without BOM you dummy, not just UTF-8

Sorry to bother you.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB