Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Web User being able to update the drop down values

[eluser]rdtech[/eluser]
I have a question with regards to drop down fields. I want to be able to give users the ability to add to values to the dropdown fields if the value is not present. For example, I have a form that has a drop down with a list of fruits. If a user stumbles on to my site and sees that I'm missing a fruit, he/she can add to the list. Is this possible with Expression engine? Are there any plugins or modules that would give this feature?

I've looked at freeform but I dont think they offer this. If programming is the only viable solution, can someone point me in the right direction.

Paul

[eluser]rdtech[/eluser]
44 views and no take? Any idea guys.

[eluser]noideawhattotypehere[/eluser]
Where do you store these values and how exactly do you want to store these new ones?

[eluser]CroNiX[/eluser]
I think the problem is you are asking an EE question in the CI forum, and I'd imagine most of the CI users haven't ever used EE. I'd also guess most EE users aren't looking in the CI forums so they aren't seeing your question.

[eluser]rdtech[/eluser]
noideawhattotypehere,

I'd like for it to be stored in the database. Not exactly sure yet but I'd like it stored there so i can retrieve it on the front end. Kind of like a directory.

CronNix,

Ahh. LOL. I'm going to post it on EE's general forum.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB