Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI and PhoneGap

[eluser]esthonwood[/eluser]
Hello everyone, so I have created a mobile web app http://www.mygrowlog.com but now my client wants me to create actual iOS and Android apps for it. Is it possible to do that using PhoneGap? I tried the PhoneGap Build but they need an 'index.html' and not 'index.php' file. What is the best approach for this?

Thanks Smile

[eluser]SaminOz[/eluser]
I too have found that this is not possible. Thinking it was I had my .htaccess redirect thru a mobile.php to a separate instance of CI /application/ (but sharing /system/ resources etc.).

In the end though when compiling for Android I kept on getting this error:

Application error: there was a network error(file:///assets/www/index.html)

After reading through posts on this error, may of which identified call to remove files index.html as the problem, I found this reponse to a similar question which makes me believe I will have to code from scratch.

"With hindsight I'm not entirely sure whether you mean actually convert it into a full-blown installable app, which isn't possible. It's certainly possible to use the approach I mentioned below to serve different content based on what device is being used"

I'm posting here just to get confirmation that this is the case (cannot compile codeignitor through phonegap for Android etc. to produce a downloadable app).

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB