Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Help, Class 'CI_Controller' not found error!

[eluser]tjtyrrell[/eluser]
I don't even know where to look to see what is broken:
http://new.mylifeline.org/

This whole site works just fine on my localhost dev server. It's also working on my other developers host server. Moving it to our staging server is causing this error.

Notes:
BASEPATH is correct (checked via several debug echos)
$application and $system are both correctly set (even tried changing them to the absolute paths)
$config['base_url'] is set to the absolute path, in this case /var/www/mlltest/
.htaccess is set correctly and Apache's Rewrite module is turned on (see: new.mylifeline.org/home)
None of my libraries are extending anything
I'm not doing anything with logs ($config['log_threshold'] = 0; in my config.php)
All files are a part of the apache group with g+w access given to group members
My local dev machine is Windows running WAMP, the staging server is a full LAMP stack on Rackspace

I've been working with CI for several years deploying sites. There have always been issues switching between dev/localhost and live/staging, but they've been dumb issues like not having CURL/crypt enabled on the staging server or something. I've never seen this and don't even know where to start.

I can only guess this is another dumb issue related to server config, hoping someone else has dealt with this before. If anyone has an idea, I would be most appreciative. I've searched what I can and only find the errors pop up when people try to extend Controller.php early, but if that were the case then it should have broken on my dev server.

[quote author="tjtyrrell" date="1381865471"]I don't even know where to look to see what is broken:
http://new.mylifeline.org/

This whole site works just fine on my localhost dev server. It's also working on my other developers host server. Moving it to our staging server is causing this error.

Notes:
BASEPATH is correct (checked via several debug echos)
$application and $system are both correctly set (even tried changing them to the absolute paths)
$config['base_url'] is set to the absolute path, in this case /var/www/mlltest/ (I have also tried omitting this value)
.htaccess is set correctly and Apache's Rewrite module is turned on (see: new.mylifeline.org/home)
None of my libraries are extending anything
I'm not doing anything with logs ($config['log_threshold'] = 0; in my config.php)
All files are a part of the apache group with g+w access given to group members
My local dev machine is Windows running WAMP, the staging server is a full LAMP stack on Rackspace

I've been working with CI for several years deploying sites. There have always been issues switching between dev/localhost and live/staging, but they've been dumb issues like not having CURL/crypt enabled on the staging server or something. I've never seen this and don't even know where to start.

I can only guess this is another dumb issue related to server config, hoping someone else has dealt with this before. If anyone has an idea, I would be most appreciative. I've searched what I can and only find the errors pop up when people try to extend Controller.php early, but if that were the case then it should have broken on my dev server.[/quote]

Edit about $config['base_url']

Well that's embarrassing

Well, got rid of the visual part of the error... I think. Now either I have a poor configuration somewhere or I turned off all errors.

Somehow the php.ini error reporting line was all crapped up (via SSH I typed "php" in the command line and it said there was something fowl on line 518 of my .ini file).

So now I have a different issue, but at this point, I'm making progress. This one is probably something silly that I'll check some logs.

[eluser]noideawhattotypehere[/eluser]
Download fresh CI, put in your server and see if welcome page works. Then we can start thinking what to do later

Alright, doing that now.

Fresh install is working:
new.mylifeline.org

Now I'm checking any possible dependencies that my dev server has that aren't enabled on the live server.

Yup, it was something stupid...
Sorry for wasting anyone's time. It was an easy discovery after I got rid of the first error. I never expect a fresh install of CentOS to have a botched php.ini config file, and thus didn't even think to check (I had never touched it, we just turned the server on).

If a Manager is around you can delete this thread, it won't be helpful to anyone in the future.

[eluser]noideawhattotypehere[/eluser]
Glad you solved your problem, have fun

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB