Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter to design forums?

[eluser]agriz[/eluser]
Can i design forum using CodeIgniter?
What can i do and what can't i do using codeigniter?

Thanks for the help

[eluser]Otemu[/eluser]
Hi,

Can i design forum using CodeIgniter?
You can develop a forum in Codeigniter that for sure

What can i do and what can’t i do using codeigniter?
Difficult to answer as the scope is to that question is to wide
Take a look at the features http://ellislab.com/codeigniter /user-guide/overview/features.html

If you have specific questions in what you trying to achieve we will be able to answer if its possible with codeigniter

[eluser]agriz[/eluser]
Thanks for the quick reply.

Right now, I am planning to use codeigniter to develop a forum and you answered to my question.
I will ask here before i use codeigniter for something different.

Thanks a lot again

[eluser]agriz[/eluser]
If i have developed a forum and if it needs some plugin, should i design the forum to support plugins?

I mean, does codeigniter provide any simple solution to this?
Any link to read about this?

[eluser]Otemu[/eluser]
Hi,

If i have developed a forum and if it needs some plugin, should i design the forum to support plugins?
This is a choice that you will have to make, depends how many features your trying to pack in, whether you want to release the forum to the public and whether adding plugins will be beneficial for you. I would say if your looking for big features and releasing to community then maybe plugins is a good root to go.

There is many forum software out there, so you need to decide whether it actually benefits you to build one in the first place, when there some really established ones out there. There are some forums written in Codeigniter I think Dove and Vanilla from what I can remember from the top of my head.

I mean, does codeigniter provide any simple solution to this?
Well it has features you could use to help with it such as File Uploading Class, Zip Encoding Class, FTP Class and more that could help achieve such a thing but you will still need to put in a bit of work to achieve such a thing

Any link to read about this?
The first place you need to start is the codeigniter user guide http://ellislab.com/codeigniter/user-guide/

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB