Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Getting a users IP address

[eluser]trumnation[/eluser]
How can I find a users IP address? I have tried using the following but it just comes up blank.
Code:
$address = $REMOTE_ADDR;

echo $address;

[eluser]Developer13[/eluser]
A quick search of the CI User Guide will show what you need.

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
Welcome to CI trumnation.

IP address is part of the input class.

docs. I think you'll be surprised at how useful our documentation is - if there's any way we can enhance them to make it easier for you to find with a search, please just let me know.

[eluser]trumnation[/eluser]
Thanks for the warm welcome and the help! Turns out I was looking in the wrong place in the documentation. I thought it would be in the user agent class. Looking at the input class I found the part about the IP and got my script working. Thanks again!

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I think its very critical to search and get it... You can easily check your ip from here.. If you can get the domain name or ip address you can get the details of that user's.. Just click with this site whoisxy.com for those kind of process

[eluser]Rahat Bashir[/eluser]
Code:
$this->input->ip_address()
is returning a encoded string which is not readable. How can I retrieve the visitors decoded Remote IP and Local IP address. I am keeping session information in database. I am using Codeigniter 2.1.1

[quote author="Derek Allard" date="1202683275"]Welcome to CI trumnation.

IP address is part of the input class.

docs. I think you'll be surprised at how useful our documentation is - if there's any way we can enhance them to make it easier for you to find with a search, please just let me know.[/quote]

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB