Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
languages / code page files

[eluser]jjhii[/eluser]
I added multi-language support to my site which work perfectly on my test system (windows/apache). When I moved it to a Rackspace server it died a thousand deaths. After way too much time I figures out when I saved the message_lang.php file my complier prompted to change code pages which I did. Since the second language is Chinese I can't save with the standard format. I changed to a couple different formats but they all caused the same problem. Note if I put Unicode in the template it is not a problem, this only seems to be a problem if the Unicode is in the code files that run before the main template page.

My impression is when I switch the code page PHP is reading data before the first <?php and sending it to the browser which in turn causes the error because it is before the headers.

I am using the latest version of CodeIgniter (Version 2.1.4).

on of several error messages:
ERROR - 2013-12-10 17:02:16 --&gt; Severity: Warning --&gt; Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at <clip>/web/content/application/language/english/message_lang.php:1) <clip>/web/content/system/libraries/Session.php 675

So has anyone else run into this problem? Maybe I can use a different code page?

The only other thing I can think of is to replace the language lib with something that pulls from the DB and remove the translations from the PHP files.

Thanks in advance...

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB