Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
cPanel+WHM hosting, uploaded codeigniter files and shows blank page

[eluser]zemaitis[/eluser]
Hello all,

Spent ~10hours today researching about codeigniter "white screen of death" and found nothing that could work.

Here's some specifics:

1. public_html error logs empty, apache error logs empty, application/logs/log-2014-01-08.php also doesnt help
2. I have MySQL installed
3. Tried to change application/config/config.php file variable

$config['uri_protocol'] = 'AUTO';

to ORIG_PATH_INFO and other ones I found in internet, no use

4. Mod rewrite is setted online, tested with

root@server [~]# httpd -l |grep mod_rewrite
mod_rewrite.c (it means it is installed)

5. Tried uploading index.html file to check if it's rly files problem, it shows "hello world" message

6. PHP Version 5.3.27

7. Tried to upload same files to other cPanel hostings, site works without chmoding or doing anything

My htaccess file:

Code:
AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

RewriteEngine On

Options -Indexes

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^system.*
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /index.php?/$1 [NC,L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f  
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^(/index\.php|/resources|/robots\.txt|/favicon\.ico|/templates)
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /index.php?/$1 [L,QSA]

Can someone guide me what to try to get my files working?

[eluser]CroNiX[/eluser]
"white screen" usually means errors are present, but you have display_errors turned off so you don't see them.

I would also remove these lines from your htaccess as they are unnecessary, redundant or already present in other .htaccess files that come with the framework.

Code:
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /index.php?/$1 [NC,L] (The first one)
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^(/index\.php|/resources|/robots\.txt|/favicon\.ico|/templates)

You might want to try to enable followsymlinks in htaccess, as well.

[quote author="CroNiX" date="1389216173"]"white screen" usually means errors are present, but you have display_errors turned off so you don't see them.

I would also remove these lines from your htaccess as they are unnecessary, redundant or already present in other .htaccess files that come with the framework.

Code:
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /index.php?/$1 [NC,L] (The first one)

You might want to try to enable followsymlinks in htaccess, as well.[/quote]

I tried to enable display_errors, if you mean in php.ini file? But still, can you give me the destination to that file and a code quote how to enable this feature? I really need to start my website up Sad

problem solved by recompiling via easyapache and selecting and extension mysqli in exhaustive options list

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB