Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Network Solutions .htaccess problem

[eluser]jjhii[/eluser]
Basically trying to get ride of the index.php on the site. below is the file I am using but it does not work. I use it on all the other hosting sites I work with.

I have tried removing the . and ./ from the start of the last line. I have noticed that on the site the following:
www.site.com/index.php?dir/sub --- works
www.site.com/index.php/dir/sub --- does not work
www.site.com/index.php?/dir/sub --- does not work

RewriteEngine on
RewriteBase /
DirectoryIndex index.php

RewriteCond $1 !^(index\.php|css|images|pdfs|scripts|robots\.txt)
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ ./index.php?$1 [L]

Anybody else use networksolutions for hosting, I don't normally but our customer does. Network Solutions support is beyond useless and I can't figure out how to log into their forms to ask there.

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
Read this:

Network Solutions Flawed .htaccess

A lot of their users recommend finding a new hosting provider.

[eluser]jjhii[/eluser]
Yes I had seen that one. After some study I am coming to the conclusion the problem is not the .htaccess file directly or maybe it is another .htaccess file. I updated the works/don't below and the problem is even if I remove the .htaccess file the index.php/dir does not work and without that codeignitor will not work. Since the .htaccess just redirects to that I have a problem....

www.site.com/index.php?dir/sub — always goes to home directory
www.site.com/index.php/dir/sub — does not work
www.site.com/index.php?/dir/sub — does not work

I agree it is the worse hosting I have dealt with and I have dealt with a few and the support is not only worthless they want to charge for it.

[eluser]jjhii[/eluser]
update, got the www.site.com/index.php/dir/sub to work now, case problem... fighting too many battles at one time. Now back to the .htaccess for no index.php problem.

[eluser]jjhii[/eluser]
ok, got it to work using the normal stuff, collection of error from the posting.

Thanks for the help...

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB