Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Do Codeigniter people simply have no f*cking clue?

[eluser]leighmarble[/eluser]
I had no idea that CI session were considered to be this insecure. Yikes. The CI 2 docs said,
Quote:"If you have the encryption option enabled, the serialized array will be encrypted before being stored in the cookie, making the data highly secure and impervious to being read or altered by someone"
, and I took them at their word.

Glad to hear about the efforts with CI 3. Sorry if this is too off-topic, but any more news about EllisLabs' stated intent to stop supporting CodeIgniter altogether?

Thanks,
Leigh

PS: Sorry about the formatting errors in my last post, I just tried to go and fix them but after making my edits I got an error message that "the privilege of posting certain content is currently reserved for active community members and those who have purchased our software." Sigh...

[eluser]Narf[/eluser]
I'm getting increasingly frustrated by having to state the obvious, everywhere and to everybody. Especially because people are always off-topic on this. Wherever CodeIgniter is mentioned, this question is asked.

"Looking for a new owner" does NOT mean "stopping support" and nowhere in that article is "stopping support" mentioned. And even if it did, CodeIgniter has been developed by the community for as far back as I can remember it.

[quote author="Narf" date="1390591698"]I'm getting increasingly frustrated by having to state the obvious, everywhere and to everybody. Especially because people are always off-topic on this. Wherever CodeIgniter is mentioned, this question is asked.

"Looking for a new owner" does NOT mean "stopping support" and nowhere in that article is "stopping support" mentioned. And even if it did, CodeIgniter has been developed by the community for as far back as I can remember it.[/quote]

Well, EllisLab has not posted an update on the issue for six months now. It does make a person wonder what the state of things is.

I'm aware that CodeIgniter has been community-supported for a long time. But it stands to reason that, once CodeIgniter gets passed off to someone else, EllisLab will be stopping support.

[eluser]Narf[/eluser]
[quote author="leighmarble" date="1390592962"]Well, EllisLab has not posted an update on the issue for six months now. It does make a person wonder what the state of things is.[/quote]

No update means nothing has changed, which means they are still looking for that new owner. Which means absolutely nothing (to worry about). I am again just stating the obvious.

[quote author="leighmarble" date="1390592962"]
I'm aware that CodeIgniter has been community-supported for a long time. But it stands to reason that, once CodeIgniter gets passed off to someone else, EllisLab will be stopping support.[/quote]

Naturally, if somebody else takes the ownership, they'd be responsible for supporting it and not EllisLab. I still don't see why everybody is asking about this.

[eluser]ivantcholakov[/eluser]
@Narf

Is it possible CodeIgniter 3.0-rc1 to be tagged within the repository? I mean, without conversion the documentation into html, without making a download file and other time-consuming activities related to a normal release. Just a stable tag. So, while we are waiting for the normal release of CI 3.0, our projects can stick to this tag and to be relatively stable.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB