Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Breakpoints Not Working in Library Files?

[eluser]Vik[/eluser]
I have breakpoints working in most files. However, in Library files, the breakpoints are ignored and have no effect. For example, in a function named "my_function," called via the following line:

Code:
$result = $this->my_library->my_function();

...breakpoints set in the function my_function are ignored.

How can I correct this?

Debug Utility: XDebug
IDE: NetBeans

[eluser]CroNiX[/eluser]
Put the breakpoint on the line above where you load the library in your controller and then step into it. Then you can "play" to your breakpoint in the library. The only thing that doesn't work for is views, which is annoying. Works with ZendDebugger so I assume it would work for Xdebug the same.

[eluser]Vik[/eluser]
I have tried that. I can use that to step into the library function, but even then breakpoints in that function don't work. I know this has worked in the past for me, but it's not currently working on my new iMac running Mavericks. Can you post your php.ini file? I'll try whatever you have in that.

[eluser]CroNiX[/eluser]
I don't think my config will help you much unless you are using Zend Server, which sets everything up automatically and includes its own extensions that work with the version of apache/php it ships with. It's one of the reasons why I use it, and it has excellent stats/code tracing/event triggers/notifications.

[eluser]Vik[/eluser]
Maybe I'll switch to Zend server! I haven't looked at it in years. Is the interface to its preferences accessed via a web browser?

[eluser]CroNiX[/eluser]
Yes, ZS control panel is accessed via browser.

[eluser]Vik[/eluser]
Thanks for the info.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB