Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CMS Structure Like This?

[eluser]strogg[/eluser]
Hi, i'm building a CMS, some parts completed, thanks to haughin for screencasts thats help me for understanding development ideas, now I added extra stuff's (libraries, tag clouds etc.) goes to more complex structure.

Now i'm thinking about making cms to multiuser cms. i.e speaklight.com running a business like this, they gives you a account and you can build your site with built-in cms. Gives you a url, for example. http://yourusername.publishpath.com , and then you can login and change your settings, themes, and content with via web interface.

How can i do like this ?, Integrate with web site with cms (gateway style)? or only CMS with homepage (landing page for login & create account etc.) any ideas ?

[eluser]Lone[/eluser]
I think you need to explain your planned structure a it better - Im having problems trying to understand exactly what you are planning on developing.

[eluser]strogg[/eluser]
I'm trying to do like speaklight's service, with a CMS builded by CI. I'have a CMS. I'm planning to do a simply customer-login and online editing their web site. Exactly like speaklight.com does. My deadline is, how can I integrate website with CMS, automate client interaction's , client can create their own site with just username and password.

I.e your site Lone (PX Webdesign) you have client-login on header. Did your service has online website editing via website for your customers?

[eluser]frith[/eluser]
It seems what you want is a fairly standard CMS. I suppose the only issues you face are that a)You don't know the nature of the site so your CMS has to be extensive enough to account for a variety of different layouts, themes and even application components. b)1 CMS application has to serve the needs of several users with several different sites at the same time.

I'm really not sure what you're question is but if it's is this possible with CodeIgniter the answer is a definitive yes.

If the question is "how do I do it?" then the job board is thataway Wink

[eluser]strogg[/eluser]
Yes, this going to be fairly CMS, variety layouts with several users, with several sites. I think this can be done with CI, my question is not "how do", i can handle it, just need a roadmap.

[eluser]Majd Taby[/eluser]
Take a look at CodeExtinguisher

[eluser]strogg[/eluser]
I used CodeExtinguisher before, really handy. Thanks for contribution. But is there a way for multi website management per user can be done CodeExtinguisher ? I used for just handle few tables for my database, I don't know all features

[eluser]Lone[/eluser]
I forgot about that client login Tongue It's just for viewing revisions of designs that we have done.

By the sounds of things you want to have one CI install that has multiple 'sites' coming from it:

CMS
- Website 1
- Website 2

And then for each of these sites to have a user/s that can update websites that they have access to.

I don't mind this model of thought but I think it has some large limitations for the clients if they are wanting to go beyond 3-4 pages and start having a bit more 'dynamic' content.

IMO the best way to go is to develop a CMS based on CI and have an install for each client - much like all of the other offerings out there at the moment.

You could get crafty and keep the main system/source files in one location on the server but you would need a dedicated server to pull this off.

[eluser]Majd Taby[/eluser]
strogg, if I understand you right, you want to manage two separate databases with the same CodeExtinguisher setup..if so, then sure, there's nothing stopping you. All you would need to do is connect to the database manually instead of automatically

[eluser]strogg[/eluser]
@Lone, you clearly understand my needs. CI install must can have have multiple sites. Each of these sites have clients can update their site, if authenticated. I think multiple database and dedicated server musts for this. And some routes and rewrite issues needs.

@Jtaby, I can filter user with sessionid for which website it is own, which database its own maybe
I'll go with CodeExtinguisher, if can each client edit their database with dynamicaly CodeExtinguisher?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB