Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Faster developing with codeigniter

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi guys. I am new to codeigniter i have build 3 sites with it but the developing process is very slow. For site with user authentication and crud for 8-9 pages it took me 2 weeks for the admin... Can you share your knowledge how can we build faster. So for now i can share my own thoughts how I speed up my developing. I have use one root model which get all the data from the db. Two controllers which are roots for the front end and the admin section. And simple template system one main file for the menu which includes the sub views. I use dreamweaver for code editor and navicat fot the database.

[eluser]Alucemet[/eluser]
[quote author="GeorgeGeorgiev" date="1396468455"]Hi guys. I am new to codeigniter i have build 3 sites with it but the developing process is very slow. For site with user authentication and crud for 8-9 pages it took me 2 weeks for the admin... Can you share your knowledge how can we build faster. So for now i can share my own thoughts how I speed up my developing. I have use one root model which get all the data from the db. Two controllers which are roots for the front end and the admin section. And simple template system one main file for the menu which includes the sub views. I use dreamweaver for code editor and navicat fot the database.[/quote]

You just need more experience. Later you will be much faster. 8 to 9 pages in a day or less. You'll start remembering everything in the user guide.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
So i have found some things which can speed up the process:

-grocerycrud;
-Bonfire;
-Composer;
-Sparks.

If someone have more ideas how can we speed up the process here can be the place to post it Smile

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi,
try Ci Bonfire, to jump Start your CodeIgniter applications.

http://cibonfire.com/

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
Build yourself a library of methods and functions, don't repeat yourself.

[eluser]boltsabre[/eluser]
I started using a new text editor a few months ago, it's called sublime text (you can get free access to version 2, with a pop-up about every 50 saves prompting you to buy it, or a license for version 3 is $70).

I'm just about to upgrade to 3 and fork out the $70. I've never paid for a text editor before, that this one is great.

It saves me around 20 - 25% time when coding AND it's a joy to use (once you're used to it, which you should be after about 1-2 weeks of using it). For me that's worth the investment.

There a heaps of plugins for it for all kinds of things, and it doesn't have the bloat of an IDE, lightning fast.

Check out snippets, you can save so much time. For example, you can set up stuff like

loadm+tab which outputs $this->load->model("[cursor is positioned here]");
loadv+tab for load view, loadh+tab for helpers, etc.

Fuzzy file open (just start typing your file name and it loads all the matches, hit return to open it. No more browsing through endless tree / window navigation to open your files.

Linter plugin, so when you save your file you get alerts if there are syntax error, no need to switch to your browser, hit f5 only to see a php error!

And all kinds of other funky things that saves me HEAPS of time. I'd seriously think about checking it out.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB