Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Custom language files

[eluser]mrtopher[/eluser]
I've been trying to be really careful with the modifications I make to CI so that I do them in a way that won't cause problems when I do a CI update. However, something I missed was the language files. I have extended the core CI validation class to add some additional check functions and so I added the appropriate error messages to the validation_lang.php file. Then when I did the most recent update I lost my messages... my fault.

After I realized what had happened, I created a new validation_lang.php and put it in a langaugae folder within my application folder hoping that it would be used over the default, but that doesn't appear to be happening.

Is there any way to make modifications to the validation language file without making them to the default one stored in system/language/en?

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
I move the CI language files to the application/language directory and change them there. The language files in the system/language directory are only loaded when the ones in the first directory doesn't exist.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB