Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
FreeTDS

[eluser]senojeel[/eluser]
I have a simple question that I have been searching for a while and have not found a yes or no answer. I am using a Mac, do I need to use FreeTDS to access a MSSQL database? I have always used it in the past, but only because I was working on a project and others were using it. I haven't gotten it to compile correctly on Leopard, so if I can bypass it, that would be awesome....

Thanks!

[eluser]krsanky[/eluser]
I use FreeTDS on linux. I also set up our designer with a lighttpd/php/mssql setup on a mac. I used macports, and the freetds port was a dependancy of the mssql flavor of php. IIRC

I got mssql to work on windows once and it didn't need FreeTDS.

So I'm gonna guess "yes" that you need FreeTDS. Macs are BSDish enough that I doubt they would have the low level drivers needed by the mssql extension.

There could very well be a more Mac-native way to get the mssql extension of php working; that I don't know about.

--pw

[quote author="krsanky" date="1202960050"]I use FreeTDS on linux. I also set up our designer with a lighttpd/php/mssql setup on a mac. I used macports, and the freetds port was a dependancy of the mssql flavor of php. IIRC

I got mssql to work on windows once and it didn't need FreeTDS.

So I'm gonna guess "yes" that you need FreeTDS. Macs are BSDish enough that I doubt they would have the low level drivers needed by the mssql extension.

There could very well be a more Mac-native way to get the mssql extension of php working; that I don't know about.

--pw[/quote]

Thanks for your input. I actually have FreeTDS working on my Mac using ODBC. I installed using Macports as well. I was just curious if for instance, the CI mssql driver takes place of FreeTDS.

[eluser]tonanbarbarian[/eluser]
i too have used freetds on linux to access a mssql database
however be aware that there is a bug in the odbc driver in 1.6.0 and 1.6.1 that causes errors if you use active record functions because it tries to put the backticks around table names etc

Hey tonanbarbarian, what version of mssql server are you connecting to?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB