Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
New to CodeIgniter

[eluser]heyitsmarcucu[/eluser]
Hello guys, i'm new to CodeIgniter and I am wondering what other resources can you suggest?

By the way, I already checked the user guide, and I plan to explore not just the basic routing, controllers, models and views, but also a bunch of Helper classes and etc. in action.

Thanks in advance dudes.

[eluser]albertleao[/eluser]
Hello!

I would recommend reading up on Codeigniter 3.0 which is still in development but is years ahead of the current codeigniter version currently available here.

[eluser]noideawhattotypehere[/eluser]
To be honest - if you are going to pick a framework Codeigniter isnt a good choice anymore, its outdated and theres plenty of newer frameworks using all the goods of new PHP

[eluser]albertleao[/eluser]
[quote author="noideawhattotypehere" date="1399363025"]To be honest - if you are going to pick a framework Codeigniter isnt a good choice anymore, its outdated and theres plenty of newer frameworks using all the goods of new PHP[/quote]

This is true, but I didn't want to come out lashing. Laravel is much better.

[eluser]stevezissou[/eluser]
The official docs are the best resources to learn. They are well put together. Most everything else you find online will be pretty dated or just awful advice.

As for picking CI or some other framework (RoR, Django, Laravel, HHVM/Hack, Phalcon, Node.js, et al), it just comes down to your project needs and the abilities of those working on the codebase.

If you are just looking to learn a little, CI is a great place to start. Just remember though that CI was created when PHP4 was still widely in use and PHP5 was in its infancy. As such, CI is not without limitations and there are better ways of doing certain tasks nowadays that didn't really exist when CI was first created.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB