Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeExtinguisher 2.0 Public Beta (RC10)

[eluser]Majd Taby[/eluser]
Ah ok, I might be guilty of forgetting to test php4...i'll get right on it and let you know when I update the download.

EDIT: dleavitt, could you please go to /Applications/MAMP/conf/php4/php.ini and change display_errors to On instead of Off, then restart MAMP?

I just downgraded to php 4.4.1 and it seems to be working fine. Your blank page is probably hidden PHP errors.

[eluser]dleavitt[/eluser]
Hi, the issue was that the "logs" directory wasn't world writable (the database.php file wasn't either, I've been having to flag it before installation.) I don't know if this is an issue unique to me or whether it would be common issue for mac users. It's slightly pernicious because for some reason it doesn't cause php or apache to throw any errors, or at least it didn't for me.

Thanks!

Well the database.php file does have to be writable to run the installer, as the installer modified that file. I suppose the logs directory would have to be..otherwise the system wouldn't be able to write to the files...I'll have to add some checking to make sure those two files/folders are writable...thanks for finding that.

More feedback - under php4, the fields (other than oneToMany) don't get populated when you edit an item. It looks like the problem might be in the iterate function in codexforms.php (line 211.) It may be related to the fact that objects in php4 are not passed by reference.

Yeah, that was it.

line 216:

$return_array[$name] = $obj->$func_name($value);

needs to be changed to:

$return_array[$name] = $this->objects[$name]->$func_name($value);

to work in php4.
I am not sure why it matters whether the original object or a copy is being referenced, but apparently it does.

Also, I'm not sure if you're interested in feature requests, but if so, it would be neat to have the "table" have the option to display non-text data types more informatively, eg image thumbnails and the titles of items in associated tables.

dleavitt, I'm extremely interested in feature requests, but the ones you requested are already implemented Smile
Go into example_form.yml (in the definitions/) directory, and define a couple of new fields..you might be interested in the Image plugin (which shows a thumbnail), and the OneToMany or ManyToMany or DbDropDown plugins which support tables relations in a nice, user-friendly, ajaxy way Smile

p.s. thanks for finding the bug, you're right.

Hi, thanks for the attentiveness!

I've got some more issues for you (I think.)

The major one is that there seems to be a problem with the File.php class.

Line 9 looks like this: codexForms::initiate($name, $params);
It needs to look like this I think: codexForms::initiate($name,array('params' => $params));
codexForms::initiate expects a hash with 'params' as a sub-hash (or whatever the correct terminology is.)

I would add an associated feature suggestion: the paths specified for file uploads in the .yml files should not be absolute. They should be appended to the end of a path set in config.php. At the moment you have to change all your yml files every time you change servers.

Other bugs:
pagination doesn't seem to work for the CRUD
codexcontroller.php: line 31: It should check here whether or not the CRUD config variable is turned on. Right now the crud flag in config.php does nothing.
onetomany.php & manytomany.php: spinner.gif isn't referenced correctly; these classes don't know about the assets path it looks like.

I hope this is helpful!

dleavitt, Those are all valid bugs, thank you. I've fixed almost all of them, but the toughest one is the pagination one...both the automatic crud generator and the pagination use the URL, and they're conflicting with each other..gonna have to think this one through

[eluser]PedroGrilo[/eluser]
Pretty nice CRUD app you got here JTaby.
I've been following your SVN trunk for a couple of days.
Thanks!

[eluser]mandarin[/eluser]
Hi! Thanks for this great tool. Smile

However, I do not see checkboxes, radioboxes and the like. Just normal text input fields. Pretty strange as everything seems to work fine and I get not error messages of any kind. Previous versions of your tool worked too.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB