Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Generating Page URLs

[eluser]BrandonDurham[/eluser]
I've just finished building a CMS for a client and they now want the added functionality of adding links to various articles on the site. For instance, when they're creating a new article, they want to be able to say something like, "Check out the John Doe Article to read more" and that might link to another part of the website altogether.

Could I get some suggestions on how to pull this off? I mean, I can just make a select menu that they can choose an article from that could dynamically place the link in the textarea, but there are about 7 different sections on the site with hundreds of articles in each.

How would I go about building a list containing links to every single article?

[eluser]Isern Palaus[/eluser]
The problem is the base_url() I think, my problem is adapt this to my local version and the public on the server without touching anything.

It's possible?

Regards,
-- Isern Palaus

[eluser]agartzia[/eluser]
[quote author="BrandonDurham" date="1202965567"]I've just finished building a CMS for a client and they now want the added functionality of adding links to various articles on the site. For instance, when they're creating a new article, they want to be able to say something like, "Check out the John Doe Article to read more" and that might link to another part of the website altogether.

Could I get some suggestions on how to pull this off? I mean, I can just make a select menu that they can choose an article from that could dynamically place the link in the textarea, but there are about 7 different sections on the site with hundreds of articles in each.

How would I go about building a list containing links to every single article?[/quote]

In MooTools there's an example of something similar: check it out at http://demos.mootools.net/Element.Event

You should build up the "magic words" from the articles keywords or something.

[eluser]BrandonDurham[/eluser]
Hey! That's a great idea, agartzia! I'm using Mootools quite a bit on the CMS already. Now I just have to figure out how to pull this off.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB