Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Error in page with Chrome but not with Firefox or IE

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
I run the newest version of Chrome and never have errors like that, it is possible that you have something in chrome that is corrupted. Try re-installing Chrome.

[eluser]vincej[/eluser]
I don't get it either, it is a mystery.

I use Chrome 35 - the most up to date version, but I could delete it and reinstall however my customer had the same problem.

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
This is my Chrome Version 35.0.1916.153 m

Your problem maybe the the tidetells `` in your sql try changing them to single quotes ''.

Look in the doc's CI has methods for escaping queries.

[eluser]treenef[/eluser]
I doubt removing the backticks would make much difference. It's valid sql AFAIK and is really only an issue if used with active record.

The real question is why

Code:
$tel_customerid
is referenced from a session id as opposed to a db query. I consider this poor design, you'd really only be storing important info like userid in the session. Then I would use a db query to obtain 'tel_customerid' from the userid. Or get this value from a form $_POST variable.

It is odd that only chrome would flag this up when the session is effectively empty but then codeigniter sessions don't work server side as does native php sessions so this browser anomaly sounds somewhat plausible. Thanks for the heads up.

[eluser]vincej[/eluser]
the reason why $tel_customerid was to cater for the event that the user wanted to use backspace and refresh that page.

yes, I could have used an additional query but in my estimation it was more appropriate to temporarily use a session to server a back space event.

I don't like using additional queries to get data that I already have.

thanks

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB