Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Jquey slider

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi guys,

I have a fully functioning site, and I need to add a slider to my homepage. My site is based on CI, but I’m trying to know where to paste the code for de banner to work.

I’m not acquainted to de CI structure of files, and can’t finde the way to make my slider work.

I used amazing slider to make my slider, and it generates 2 parts of code to paste to my web site.

the first part has to go in between <head></head> tags

<!-- Insert to your webpage before the </head> -->
script src="sliderengine/jquery.js">/script>
script src="sliderengine/amazingslider.js">/script>
script src="sliderengine/initslider-1.js">/script>
<!-- End of head section HTML codes -->
and the other where i wanto the slider to appear. No problem with this one.

Sorry if my english is not so good. I hope someone can help me.

Thanks in advance!

[eluser]CroNiX[/eluser]
All view (html) files would be in /application/views. Hard to know beyond that as it really has to do with however the pages were coded. Like if it's just one view file for the homepage, or whether they used many partial view files.

One way you might be able to tell is to open /application/config/routes.php and look for $route['default_controller']. That points to the controller for the homepage.
Like $route['default_controller'] = 'home';

if it was called 'home' like above, you'd open /application/controllers/home.php.

Look for anything in the index() method that looks like:
$this->load->view('some_view');
There may be only one, or may be several. If the view is called 'some_view', you'd open /application/views/some_view.php and look there. Again, you might have to look at several views depending on how the page is constructed.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
CroNix thank you for the answer.

I've opened routes.php and found $route[‘default_controller’] = ‘home’

But when I go to application/controilers the only file I found there was index.html

and in application/views i found 4 files. One of those is called layout.php, In it I can see the structure for my hme page.

Sould I paste the code in there?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB