Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
In CodeIgniter: changing database driver to 'mysqli' doesn't work!

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
Any changes you make to the apache or php ini files you need to restart all servers.

I' am running Xampp here but its using php 5.4

Try putting the ; back in front of the mysql driver.

[eluser]jackolaterno[/eluser]
I have restarted them all, no changes. I'm incredibly frustrated. Do you think my php version's the problem?

I looked up on this and it is a php 5.5 issue! Either you can go back to php 5.4 or use this dirty trick below.

Code:
// index.php

E_ALL ^ E_DEPRECATED;

So it was a problem with PHP 5.5! I download XAMPP with PHP 5.4 and it worked! Thanks a lot, pal. But apache is serving the files way too slowly, it takes minutes to load, and it doesn't even load - Chrome gives me
Code:
Error code: ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE
. How do I fix that?

This depends a lot on what OS you are running Mac Windows etc;

I' am running on Windows 7 Pro here. Xampp needs to be installed in your root directory under drive c:
not in a sub-directory. C:\xampp

I have 3 Browsers installed for testing FireFox Chrome and IE 9, I use Chrome by default.

From the sounds of it sounds like a configuration issue.

if you need files just hookup with me on Skype.

I'm currently on Mac OS X. I figured out a way to speed things up AND give my iPhone access to the localhost. I can see the dark and stormy clouds fly away. I want to thank you immensely for sticking with me and helping me resolve this problem. The help you guys give to beginners is inspiring, keep it up @InsiteFX!

Your very Welcome.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB