Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
How to change email recipient on form

[eluser]gazzari[/eluser]
Hi, I am new to CI. I purchased some business including some using CI but have no idea. Nothing searches back.

I need to change a customers email form from sending to closest location - email to a fixed email. Where would I look?

Any help much appreciated.

[eluser]CroNiX[/eluser]
No one can really answer that as it really depends on how your CI app was coded. The "To" for that particular email could be coming from many different places....a config file, the database, hardcoded somewhere in the controller or view, a library... There just isn't enough info to go on to answer.

[eluser]Flemming[/eluser]
Can you search the entire project for an email address that you know the form has sent to previously? If not found in the project code then perhaps it's in the database? Some little clue might be all that you need to trace backwards to the point the email is being sent.

You could also try searching the codebase for the standard CodeIgniter email code: $this->email->send();

That may return lots of matches but it may help you find where the email is being created/sent.

[eluser]gazzari[/eluser]
Thanks for the replies, I ended up making a new form (non CI) and changing the links to it site wide.

The form sends to the closest distributor by postcode. All stored in a database. So back searching for the email found nothing. Back searching in general seems to go nowhere. I have never been able to backsearch in CI.

The site in general is a dogs breakfast. We have issues with newsletter unsubscribes failing, so people are getting email they don't want. There are 5 tables with email fields in them, so I have been manually searching for them and deleting. Not ideal, and it may crash something, but it seems the only way. 38 tables in total. I have a good idea what the site should do, and 38 tables is stupid.

[eluser]gazzari[/eluser]
And on the side, where am I likely to find someone who knows CI to do some work on my site?

I purchased a number of hostings and some need CI work.

My mental health is not great and doing CI stuff is beyond me.

I have looked at Freelancer.

[eluser]Flemming[/eluser]
Right here is likely your best bet for finding freelance CI developers! :-)

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB