Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
safe_mailto anf firefox on mac

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi,
don't know why this is happening, but as soon as I use the
Code:
safe_mailto
command in a page the page wont load in firefox 2 on os x. The page loads forever and is blank. This problem does not occur when I visit the page with Safari or Opera.

Thanks
cat

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
Welcome to CodeIgniter cattalk. If you view the source in safari, does it look malformed to you? Is your page publicly available where we could take a look? Oh, and what version of CI?

[eluser]Tim McLeod[/eluser]
Hi, this thread is old, but it looks like this is still an issue. I have a page that never loads at all in Firefox 3.0.5 on Mac or Windows. It loads fine in Safari 3.2.1 and IE 6 and 7. The only way to make it load is to remove the 'safe_mailto' from that view. Nothing is returned to the browser at all, it just hangs indefinitely. If I click the stop load button on the browser, the mailto html shows up in the page, but none of the other html is there. The site isn't publicly viewable yet. I'm using CI version 1.7.0.

Also, the standard mailto function in the URL Helper works fine in all browsers, but safe_mailto breaks.

Thanks,
Tim

Same questions Tim. And welcome to CodeIgniter.

Hi Derek,
I misread your first question, sorry. No, the HTML doesn't look malformed in Safari. The site isn’t publicly viewable yet. I’m using CI version 1.7.0.

Here's what is really strange. If I view the Firefox request using Charles (from charlesproxy.com), I can see the full, correctly formed, HTML result in Charles, but it is never rendered by the browser.

Tim

I'll see if I can create a small test case that will reproduce the problem...

Tim

Ok, so apparently there is some sort of conflict between the obfuscated mailto link and another script that is running on the page. I also have a script that executes client side when the page loads that will round the corners of a given div. When the mailto link is inside a div that is being "rounded", it causes Firefox to hang.

I'll put the mailto link somewhere else. Smile I don't have time to troubleshoot that one any deeper at the moment. Sorry for the confusion...it looks like it's a client side issue that isn't your problem. Smile

The script I'm using is located here if you're interested: http://blue-anvil.com/archives/anti-alia...ith-jquery

Great stuff, glad you figured it out. I personally don't use the safe_mailto myself, although not for that reason. If you want to see how I handle it, hit http://derekallard.com/contact. Thanks for taking the time to report back!

[eluser]helmutbjorg[/eluser]
I took a look at how you did it derek... but don't you think that those email harvesting robots would also trawl your javascript files too?

nope, I don't. There are easier targets, and regardless... spammers are among the dumbest people on the net in my experience.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB