Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI New Owner ( British Columbia Institute of Technology )

[eluser]albertleao[/eluser]
[quote author="TWP Marketing" date="1412626908"]The question is now: what exactly is BCIT going to do with CI?
Not to mention how long before (if) we see 3.0 at release level.
And will we, the real users, be allowed to have input to that process?
[/quote]

Exactly. I'm assuming over the next few weeks we'll hear something official from BCIT and what they plan on doing with the system. These forums will probably disappear as soon as they open up forums on their site.

[eluser]RobertSF[/eluser]
I thought Codeigniter was GPL Open Source? Can that license be revoked?

[eluser]CroNiX[/eluser]
You can't revoke a license for a version that has already been released, but you can release a new version with a new license.

[eluser]RobertSF[/eluser]
Oh, I see... well, if they take it off the GPL, I hope someone picks up the version before that and continues to work on it.

[eluser]CroNiX[/eluser]
I'm sure EL made it a requirement to keep it open source and freely available. As far as I know, that's always been their intention.

[eluser]Narf[/eluser]
[quote author="albertleao" date="1412618077"]And NarfBG just removed himself from the last open ticket for the 3.0.0 milestone.[/quote]

I haven't removed myself from anything, what you saw is GitHub automatically de-assigning people when a repository is moved to a new location. The fact that they show this as a self-triggered event on behalf of their users is quite misleading.

[eluser]redcloud80[/eluser]
[quote author="Narf" date="1412679397"][quote author="albertleao" date="1412618077"]And NarfBG just removed himself from the last open ticket for the 3.0.0 milestone.[/quote]

I haven't removed myself from anything, what you saw is GitHub automatically de-assigning people when a repository is moved to a new location. The fact that they show this as a self-triggered event on behalf of their users is quite misleading.[/quote]

C'mon Narf, tell us more!

[eluser]rajneeshgobin[/eluser]
i think that should be a good news Smile hope the students dont introduce bugs into the framework Big Grin

[eluser]albertleao[/eluser]
[quote author="Narf" date="1412679397"][quote author="albertleao" date="1412618077"]And NarfBG just removed himself from the last open ticket for the 3.0.0 milestone.[/quote]

I haven't removed myself from anything, what you saw is GitHub automatically de-assigning people when a repository is moved to a new location. The fact that they show this as a self-triggered event on behalf of their users is quite misleading.[/quote]

I see!

[eluser]Peter Denk[/eluser]
[quote author="rajneeshgobin" date="1412685110"]i think that should be a good news Smile hope the students dont introduce bugs into the framework Big Grin[/quote]

Episode IV - A New Hope
Smile

I can see a lot of good coming from this move to BCIT.
Good choice EllisLab!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB