Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Poll: Best UTC time to start an office hour
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Midnight
7.41%
2 7.41%
04:00
7.41%
2 7.41%
08:00
14.81%
4 14.81%
Noon
11.11%
3 11.11%
16:00
33.33%
9 33.33%
20:00
25.93%
7 25.93%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Best time for an "office hour"?

I am planning the next "office hour", when myself and possibly other CI council members wil be in the IRC channel to chat and answer questions. What UTC time(s) work best for you?
James Parry
Project Lead

(This post was last modified: 04-05-2015, 10:53 AM by sv3tli0.)

Perhaps it can be combination of 2 days with 12 hours difference in time.
Lets say (depends on most staff timezone)
1st - UTC Saturday 9AM (start of weekend shouldn't be a big deal)
2nd - UTC Sunday 9PM (end of weekend same as start)

Or in 1 day 2 times which requires more personal time from staff's.

(Hours are based on UTC by default, but it can be other zone which is common to staffs)
Best VPS Hosting : Digital Ocean

(04-05-2015, 10:52 AM)sv3tli0 Wrote: Perhaps it can be combination of 2 days with 12 hours difference in time.

(Hours are based on UTC by default, but it can be other zone which is common to staffs)

Agreed. That's why the poll ... to see what works best. Readers can select multiple answers.
UTC 9pm is 2pm my time, which works well for me.
UTC 9am is 2am my time ... I am often up ten, but don't know if I could promise to be ahead of time Undecided

(04-05-2015, 10:52 AM)sv3tli0 Wrote: Perhaps it can be combination of 2 days with 12 hours difference in time.

Without having a suggestion of my own, I'm inclined to disagree ...

Most people I know sleep until late on Saturday, and go rather early to bed prior to the first work day.

(04-06-2015, 03:25 AM)Narf Wrote:

Most people I know sleep until late on Saturday, and go rather early to bed prior to the first work day.

When we are targeting work days Monday-Friday many people can't give from their time to chat with CI staff, asking questions and etc. 
That is the reason for me to target Saturday/Sunday. I know that its personal time then but 1/2 hours isn't big deal.
For the time 9/21 UTC I have just mark it but its good to consider it with all staff's locations.
I think that is better to have it 2 times so all people even staff to have 1 chance to miss it and 1 chance to be in it..
As ciadmin mention at 2AM in his location he can be in a sleep but if there is second hour in 2PM he will be on without any problem Smile
Best VPS Hosting : Digital Ocean

Saturday would be cool - we don't have to go work on next day. I have a few question about CI4 Smile

(04-06-2015, 11:47 AM)sv3tli0 Wrote:
(04-06-2015, 03:25 AM)Narf Wrote:

When we are targeting work days Monday-Friday many people can't give from their time to chat with CI staff, asking questions and etc. 
That is the reason for me to target Saturday/Sunday. I know that its personal time then but 1/2 hours isn't big deal.
For the time 9/21 UTC I have just mark it but its good to consider it with all staff's locations.
I think that is better to have it 2 times so all people even staff to have 1 chance to miss it and 1 chance to be in it..
As ciadmin mention at 2AM in his location he can be in a sleep but if there is second hour in 2PM he will be on without any problem Smile

I don't disagree on the weekend, nor that an hour or two are an issue.

I disagree with the specific hours that you're proposing because the better half of Europe is in bed then.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB