Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Poll: CI4: Module support?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes
88.46%
115 88.46%
no
4.62%
6 4.62%
maybe
6.92%
9 6.92%
Total 130 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Module support?

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2015, 08:24 AM by ciadmin.)

<<From Orionstar>>

My biggest dream about CI is to get module support out of box, maybe HMVC support too. We waited for it in the last 5 years. [Image: smile.gif]
James Parry
Project Lead

I don't believe HMVC is good concept, however framework should give an option to do that if user wants that. Currently lot of users screws their installations due to usage of third party hmvc solutions.

I quite like the HMVC approach. My vote is for keeping the current MVC arrangement with option to change to HMVC.

for me i would prefer something more like Modular CI.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage, M5 Inc.

I think that good idea, this lacking, as for me Smile

Maybe like Jens Segers HMVC version..
My bad, my english 10:32 AM

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2015, 06:52 AM by no1youknowz.)

It's quite simple.  If you have to use HMVC to solve whatever problem you are trying to.  Then you just don't know how to design and develop an application.

My answer is no.  There is no need for HMVC.  I have an enterprise application.  It's actually 4 distinct applications built with 1 common middle-ware.  I looked at HMVC in the beginning and laughed.  There was no need.  Actually, it would have complicated things.

Are you high?  A controller which then would hit a model and view and then hit another controller elsewhere?  Yeah, kinda smells like you don't know how to code.

(04-06-2015, 08:59 PM)riwakawd Wrote: One reason is because it lets you have sub folder option in default controller in routes with CI3.

I've had subfolder for many years with CI 2.0. It's called learning how to extend the framework outside of the system folder.

(04-06-2015, 05:55 PM)jlp Wrote: <<From Orionstar>>

My biggest dream about CI is to get module support out of box, maybe HMVC support too. We waited for it in the last 5 years. [Image: smile.gif]

It seems to me that most people asking for HMVC actually want something similar to Symfony bundles, where you can have an MVC triad inside a folder.

My 2 Cents!
I think extending packages to include everything in the application folder (ie. Controllers) would be great.
I also think allowing multiple sub folders under the controllers would also be great ( /admin/configure/installed/tooltips for example )
The "search" order can get sticky but with enough details about it I think most users would understand it.
What I don't like is controllers calling other controllers? Never got that? If you need to call "shared" code then put it in a library?

DMyers

(04-10-2015, 11:27 AM)dmyers Wrote: I also think allowing multiple sub folders under the controllers would also be great ( /admin/configure/installed/tooltips for example )

Like I said. It's already available. Been that way for years. I have that.

/tracking/admin/modules/add/test <-- like that

(04-10-2015, 11:27 AM)dmyers Wrote: What I don't like is controllers calling other controllers? Never got that? If you need to call "shared" code then put it in a library?

Exactly! Big Grin

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB