Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
login system with CI 3.0

Hi

I am a junior php programmer. I started to use CI (CI 2) last week. I love it. This system is simple but great. Well.. I am doing a login system with CI 2 but I see now, that the fresh version is 3.0. I would like to ask that what's news in CI3's user Management ( I use session and mysql database)
I thank you the answers! Have a nice day!

Welcome to CodeIgniter.

All the major changes between CI2 and CI3 can be found in this post http://forum.codeigniter.com/thread-1657...ml#pid7480

Another small note. When it comes to user management and login functionality, I highly recommend using a proven and secure auth library. Developing an authentication feature involves a lot of security that is easy to miss and the smallest mistake can open up big security holes. Personally I would recommend Ion Auth

Whit that said, building an auth feature your self will teach you a lot, and you will learn from it if you never done it before. So I encourage you to do it! Test and play around to learn, and ask questions if you get stuck.
But I again recommend using a proven auth library for anything used in production, it's just to easy to make mistakes with something that need that high level of security.

Hi!

I am sorry that I didn't reply this answer. I forgotten. Thank you your answer. I use SESSION and MySQL at login system.
I always check that session (just "admin" rank is correct) exsits on every page. (I make a MY_Controller file where this process always occurs) If not than I redirect users to login page. I always use form validation library (and xss protect). What is missing from the system? Thank you! I will see Ion Auth. Smile Smile

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB